Job vacancy 01_03_23 - Assistant Professor in Sound Studies and Sound Art @ACPA
The Academy of Performing Arts (ACPA) is looking for a Assistant Professor in Sound Studies and Sound Art (0.2 FTE). The deadline for the application is the 1st of March 2023.
One of the new ACPA initiatives is to establish a Sound Studies Center which will concentrate on four key topics: the development of the discourse around sound; creating sound artworks; consultancy work on sound policies; education in and through auditory culture.
The new Assistant Professor will take on the following responsibilities commensurate with career stage:
- co-developing a newly established Sound Studies Center
- further developing the discourse on sound studies and sound art
- developing sound artworks and/or helping to facilitate sound art in and around Leiden
- stimulating the role of sound artists in the (re)designing of public (urban) places
The candidate we are seeking:
- has a PhD in sound studies, sound art, or a field relevant for this position
- has a good overview of contemporary practices and discourses on sound and sound art
- has published on sound and sound art
- has demonstrable experience in organizing sonic events
- has experience in applying for grants and other forms of subsidies
- can act as a co-supervisor of PhD candidates in sound art/artistic research
- has good proficiency in English and preferable also the Dutch language
- is ultimately able and willing to teach a course on sound studies and sound art
Please submit online your application not later than 1 March 2023 via this link. Applicants should submit online:
- Motivation letter;
- CV including education and employment history, publications, and other relevant activities regarding sound studies and sound art;
- Research plan with clear potential for applications to funding bodies such as NWO and ERC (max. 2 pages);
- Names and contact details of at least two referees, of which at least one should have an academic position (no reference letters at this stage).